[Table of Contents]

Re: [AV Media Matters] 16mm film coating

Dear list
I was recently speaking with an art curator here in England who said in
passing that he often sends artists 16mm films off to a place in Hollywood
to have them coated so that they are made stronger and more durable for the
repeated presentations during the run of a gallery exhibition.
I will try and find out more information about this process, but I wondered
if anyone knew if this coating was archivally sound? commonly used? a good
or bad idea in the long term?
thanks,
Sarah Cook

www.balticmill.com