[Table of Contents]

Affiliation with Library Council -Reply

Helene Whitson raises an important issue in that we are far more varied
as to institutional type than libraries.  Tom Moritz of California Academy of
Sciences, who raised the affiliation idea on behalf of GBALC didn't think
this would be a problem when I raised it with him in our initial (and so far
only) discussion of this.  Like Helene, this was the first problem that
occurred to me.

So far, we have three messages regarding this idea, all of them positive.
Some time next week, I hope to contact Tom and possibly arrange a
meeting.  Anyone interested in being involved in this, please let me know.

On the disaster mutual response network front, we are receiving a very
positive response.  A number of institutions have said yes in terms of
lending their names to a planned grant proposal.  Others are still
discusing it with their managements, but expect to come in.