The Conservation DistList (ConsDistList) is a project of the Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic & Artistic Works (FAIC), which supports conservation education, research, and outreach activities that increase understanding of our global cultural heritage. To help sustain the ConsDistList, please donate to AIC.
ConsDistList is up and running in a twice-weekly format, going out Tuesday and Friday mornings. It's similar in many ways to the old format, with some notable changes:
Submissions are not edited before posting, though they are moderated,
and perhaps, sent back for corrections before being accepted.
- The subject line of your submission email becomes the table of contents entry for your post.
- Posters should no longer "request" posting; that is, don't include language like "Please post this announcement" in your submission. Just send it in exactly as you'd like it to be seen.
- Many subscribers have noted that the new format is harder to read and to follow. I and AIC are aware, and with continued availability of resources, we'll work on formatting updates, now that administration of the list is much simpler.
- NEW: The Conservation Directory (ConsDir) is back! Find it at CoOL's "Finding People" page.
Please have a look at the revised list instructions for more details on subscription and posting.
The archives is in transition. To see postings after August 2016, visit mail-archive.com. Postings from August 2016 and before are searchable below. Work to recombine the archives is underway.
Search Conservation DistList
- Browse individual messages by year
- Browse Cumulative Author Index
- Conservation DistList back instances
back mailings of the Conservation DistList are
available for browsing. These are the complete versions, as received by
See the list information page for subscription instructions. For posting
instructions and other rules and guidelines,
see the ConsDistList Instructions page.
all CoOL documents]
Timestamp: Wednesday, 16-Nov-2016 15:35:49 PST
Retrieved: Friday, 20-Jan-2017 07:52:59 GMT