Subject: Source for drying racks

Source for drying racks

From: Becky Ryder <rjryde01<-a>
Date: Tuesday, May 27, 1997
Can anyone suggest a supplier for paper drying racks?  We are in the
process of equipping a new conservation lab.  The University prefers
that we purchase equipment "off the shelf," rather than having
things custom designed and constructed.  So, I would like to know
what options exist for purchasing drying racks.  I am aware of the
drying racks and drying rack extenders sold by University Products.
What experience does anyone have with these products?  Any
recommendations?

University preferences aside, I would be interested in seeing
designs and specifications for custom built drying racks.  If you
have plans, drawings, descriptions or specifications that you are
willing to share, I would appreciate seeing them.

Many thanks for any assistance with designs, references to designs
or suggestions for suppliers.

    **** Moderator's comments:   Some labs use baker's carts and
    custom-made window screens. You should be able to find them in a
    professional restaurant supply house. I like them.

Becky Ryder
Preservation Librarian
301 King Library North
University of Kentucky Libraries