Subject: Acryloid B72

Acryloid B72

From: Stephen Koob <koobsp>
Date: Friday, December 12, 2003
B-72, I would recommend any of the following:

    Conservation Support Systems
    P.O. Box 91746
    Santa Barbara, CA 93190
    800-482-6299
    <URL:http://www.silcom.com/~css/>

    Conservator's Emporium
    100 Standing Rock Circle
    Reno,  NV  89511
    702-852-0404
    <URL:http://www.consemp.com>

    Conservation Resources International
    8000-H Forbes Place
    Springfield, VA 22151
    800-634-6932
    <URL:http://www.conservationresources.com>

All of these companies carry both B-72 resin as well as the pre-made
HMG B-72 (which personally I do not like).  Conservation Support
Systems also carries their own "mix" of B-72, which I have not
tried. Conservator's Emporium also carries pre-colored B-72 "chips",
something else that I have not tried, as I usually make my own.
Conservation Resources carries empty tubes, so you can make up your
own. Beware: the web sites are not as complete as the Catalogs.

Stephen Koob
Conservator
The Corning Museum of Glass
One Museum Way