Subject: Workshop on totem poles

Workshop on totem poles

From: Julie Stevenson <julie.stevenson<-at->
Date: Friday, September 10, 2010
Caring for Totem Poles Workshop
at the Kitselas Canyon National Historic Site near Terrace, British
Columbia
October 4-7, 2010

Presented by CCI in partnership with the Kitselas Band Council, the
Freda Diesing School of Northwest Art and the Northwest Community
College

Totems present special challenges: How do we best respect the
traditions and knowledge of the people who own or create totem
poles? What can we do to help maintain and care for totem poles?
What causes  the poles to deteriorate and what are the best things
to do if we want more time to understand the poles before they
return to nature? This workshop will address these questions in an
open and thoughtful manner.

For more information about this workshop, please contact

    Julie Stevenson
    Learning and Development Officer
    Canadian Conservation Institute
    613-998-3721  ext. 114
    Mobile: 613-371-6145
    julie.stevenson<-at->pch<.>gc<.>ca

If you are interested in attending this workshop, please contact

    Web Bennett
    Kitselas Treaty Office
    250-635-8882 ext. 231
    Fax: 250-635-8793
    canyon<-at->kitselas<.>com

Web Bennett
Kitselas Treaty Office
250-635-8882 ext. 231
Fax: 250-635-8793.

ate: 13 Sep 2010
From: Eric Pourchot <epourchot<-at->conservation-us<.>org>
Subject: Workshop on characterization of silver gelatin photographs

Registration for the workshop, "Characterization of Silver Gelatin
Photographs," has been extended through September 27, 2010.

The workshop will be held September 30-October 1, 2010 at the New
York Public Library Stephen A. Schwartzman Building.  Registrations
will not be accepted on site.

The program will highlight recent advances in the characterization
of silver gelatin photographs.  Confirmed speakers include:

    Valerie Baas
    Denise Bethel
    Anne Cartier-Bresson
    Lee Ann Daffner
    Kit Funderburk
    Peter Galassi
    Greg Hill
    Ana Martins
    Debra Hess Norris
    Howard Hopwood
    Nora Kennedy
    Vera Lutter
    Connie McCabe
    Paul Messier
    Erin Murphy
    Peter Mustardo
    Tania Passafiume
    James Reilly
    Alison Rossiter

More information, including online registration, can be found at:

    <URL:http://www.conservation-us.org/silvergel>

Information about the New York Public Library's concurrent
exhibition, "Recollection: Thirty Years of Photography at The New
York Public Library," can be found at:

  <URL:http://www.nypl.org/events/exhibitions/
    recollection-thirty-years-photography-new-york-public-library>

Eric Pourchot, Ph.D.
Institutional Advancement Director
Foundation of the American Institute for
  Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
1156 15th St. NW, Suite 320
Washington, DC  20005-1714
Direct Phone: 202-661-8061
AIC/FAIC Office Phone:  202-452-9545
Fax: 202-452-9328

                                  ***
                  Conservation DistList Instance 24:16
               Distributed: Thursday, September 16, 2010
                       Message Id: cdl-24-16-010
                                  ***